Facebook emerged on the scene as a wildly popular social media networking site. It allowed people to connect with one another in ways they never dreamed possible. It zoomed right past MySpace and soon became the new hotspot for businesses to expand their branding reach as well.
These days, few businesses are without a Facebook page, regardless of their product or service. This is an important aspect to consider when you are deciding whether you should have a Facebook page.
Here are the five top reasons you should have one:
- Your Competition Has One – If you share a core demographic with some local competition and they have a Facebook page, you better have one too. Do you really want the competition to look hip and edgy or turned in to their customers while you look like you are either out of date to get with the program, too cautionary as to wait for ‘it to catch on” or just don’t relate to how social media has changed business?
- It’s Cost Effective – It is hard to imagine a better cost breakdown analysis than free marketing equaling future sales. Facebook costs nothing to join, nothing to post content and nothing to interact with everyone listed as a friend of your page. The only thing you have to pay for is if you pay to have a professional manage your page for you or a modest advertising budget. Even then, the cost is low compared to the payoff.
- Facebook Gets Attention – Perhaps the most important and simplest said of all the reasons out there is that Facebook works. In fact, MarketingProfs did a survey of marketing students and they all agree that Facebook is an important marketing tool. It allows you to spread word of mouth faster than just about any other source, making it the fastest and most versatile marketing tool on the market.
- People Have Adopted Facebook (opted in) – There are over one billion (yes, billion) people on Facebook today making it the single largest networking site in the world. People adopted Facebook for a variety of reasons but much of what drives its’ growth is it gives people a forum to say and share what they want to a lot of other people. It has become a place for individuals to stay in touch, connect, to be heard and to make or break a product or service.
- Your Facebook page can be optimized – Want to improve your search engine optimization (SEO)? Make sure your Facebook page uses your primary keywords in the About section and that the name of your page mirrors you website name. Google will often rank a Facebook page sooner than a website. It’s another way to move up in the organic rankings and to enhance your social media marketing (SMM).
As you can see, Facebook can be a highly effective marketing and sales tool. Any business can benefit from using it for the reasons above and so many more.
Facebook has been a great tool for our clients to reach out to their markets and we can show you how.